Shaking of the Limbs

We were walking in the prison of Akka, detached from what hath been created in the world of being and speaking forth in praise of the King of Names.  Whereupon You commanded me to praise You with that which fulfilled the testimony of God to all others besides Him and manifested His proof to those in the heavens and the earth.  When the irresistible summons came from the Eternal King, my limbs quaked for fear of God, the Help in Peril, the Almighty, the Most Powerful, the All-Knowing.  I began to weep in such wise that all created things wailed and the daysprings of names cried out–this on account of the people I saw opposing him through whom the scriptures and tablets were adorned.

Baha’u’llah, April 1874, to Shams al-`Ulama in Nishapur

***

O Lord!  At the time of revelation, you see my pen moving and my limbs trembling.

Baha’u’llah in a prayer for `Abdu’l-Baha

Both passages are quoted by Vahid Rafati in Kayfiyyat nuzul vahy, 14.

This entry was posted in Baha'u'llah, prophetic consciousness. Bookmark the permalink.

18 Responses to Shaking of the Limbs

1. Many rituals and thinking and perceptions are related to this case. Many people have different reasons behind killing the girls at their birth, but the dominant one is that they termed them as a burden on them.

2. This is an incredibly amazing post you have shared. People today should learn something from this. So i am going to share it with my friends too.

3. electronic says:

The majority of companies to get from the floor have to go after some form of financing very first. As well as to do this particular, it is crucial you have finished the well-crafted company intend to display in order to any kind of possible bank or even companion.

4. You can't possess a conversation concerning the modern interpersonal landscape without having touching on social networking. Forward thinking companies are already utilizing internet sites to interact with and supply candidates as well as applicants

5. coronary cardiovascular disease, heart failing or renal vascular. If you don't want to become patient of this kind of disease, then you should attempt to discover the elements that impact cardiovascular wellness. Some from the factors include cigarette smoking

6. hometo says:

ou must bear in mind many things to decide on the most effective rigs merchandising services once you would like them. You ought to rigorously verify their several websites. There, you will notice several info concerning their assortment, stock, variety

7. There are lots of additional factors than simply obtaining funding with regard to creating a company strategy. You will likely have to look for financing with an continuing foundation, so it's great to possess this prepared if you ever have to display this in order to anybody once again

8. Brilliant analysis! Both informative and interesting. Very helpful for people like me who are also in the field of writing.

9. I don’t believe in illusion. It is like perceiving something that is not exist or not in front of you

10. Quit Smoking says:

11. Academics is very much organized and managed. It is inquisitive for the future and planning of the modern type. Its make and type is very necessary to be understood and comprehended. Its scope for the developed nature and sorts are vital and understood. The success of the students and that of the society are interrelated and linked.

12. Costa La-Mata says:

Hi I am Costa La-Mata and I just wanted to tell you that I enjoyed browsing your superb web site and to wish you the best of luck with it in the future – La Mata

13. Vidmate apk says:

Wonderful posting here i find out i can get lots of information by this site,I must visit this site again and again and also i must recommend this site with my my friends to visit,

14. Brooke Hilton says:

You can't have a discussion concerning the cutting edge interpersonal scene without having addressing person to person communication. Essay Help
    . Ground breaking organizations are now using web locales to interface with and supply hopefuls and in addition candidates

15. cheat coc says:

If you are bored here you can play your favorite game to get more coins.

16. Shelia Menard says:

Many people won't essentially enable their specific kids to be able to toil onerous within their higher schooling programs and additionally deny these recognition. it's going to be wrong to accomplish this as any parent. a awfully necessary factor you're capable of doing is to organize for a wonderful graduation ceremony to your kid Ed Barton University

17. Adorable! I like how you write about God! I believe that this is the best blog that I have ever read