Prayer for Pregnancy

I beseech Thee, O Lord of all being and Possessor of things visible and invisible, to bestow on me a righteous child so it may remember Thee on Thine earth and glorify Thee throughout Thy realm.  If Thou maketh me by this tablet independent of every trace, fruit, and mention, my prayer at that time would be that which Thy chosen ones have uttered: “Lord, leave me not alone, for Thou art the best of Heirs.”

Baha’u’llah, quoted in Amr wa Khalq, 4:69.  The quote is from Qur’an 21:89 in which Zechariah asks God to cure his wife’s infertility.

This entry was posted in Baha'u'llah, prayer. Bookmark the permalink.

30 Responses to Prayer for Pregnancy

1. Sen says:

There's another translation of this prayer in MacEoin, 'Rituals' 126:
    I ask of Thee, then, O God of all existence and King of the Seen and the Unseen, to bestow upon me a healthy child….

2. Starr* Saffa says:

Some children are born from the Kingdom – and often when barren couples pray – or even when in Aboriginal Women's Business they call the Spirit of child into manifestation it comes from Heaven to them.

The following is from the Tablets of Abdu'l-baha page 647:
    Yea, certain persons shall in this divine dispensation produce heavenly children and such children shall promulgate the teachings of the Beauty of Abha and serve His great Cause. Through a heavenly power and spiritual confirmation they shall be enabled to promote 648 the Word of God and to diffuse the fragrances of God. These children are neither Oriental nor Occidental, neither Asiatic nor American, neither European nor African, but they are of the Kingdom; their native home is heaven and their resort is the Kingdom of Abha. This is but the truth and there is naught after truth save superstitions (or fancy).

3. Emma says:

This is a nice prayer and I imagine would be a great comfort to women who are asking themselves "why cant i get pregnant?" Thank you for sharing.

4. Hi there, your post very excellent about pregnancy, can I republish this post on my blog if I link back to you?

5. Akkhoy errey says:

Featured in publications, such as the Los Angeles Times, Business 2.0, and Yale News, this company boasts a staff of Ivy League educated editors and writers on their staff with a track record of producing personal statements that get results! http://www.assignmentmountains.com/buy-research-p… is able to provide us quality and on time writing services with guarantee which is best service from others any providers.

6. rOSY says:

This article is very interesting. This article has really helpful information about pregnancy. This article every word is very excellent. Looking forward for next post.

7. Shuaa says:

In Early Modern English verbs in the second person are conjugated with st on the end, such as "Thou lovest, thou makest, etc. The eth suffix is only used for the third person conjugated verbs. Thus, in accordance with this dialect, it should be, "If Thou makest me", not "If Thou maketh me".

8. Yes it is a nice prayer and very interesting article also. Now all are doing new and effective prayers for pregnancy ones that women can relate to now. Getting pregnant is not always easy. When fertility problems arise, praise God and pray that it will be his will for a new baby to be conceived. Please god help my sister she is now 10 weeks pregnant and feeling anxiety everyday. He had a miscarriage before so she is very nervous. Please take away our fears and negativity and fill her heart with happiness and joy.

9. John Smith says:

It maybe helpful to readers to know the study looked at a range of mental health problems including: "depression, anxiety disorders, suicidal behaviours, alcohol abuse and illicit drug problems. Substance abuse problems were the most commonly associated with having undergone an abortion".
    Outsourced IT Services

10. look says:

They do not only start disliking the people whom they think that they are responsible for the problem the faced in life, they start hating them and do not want to see happy as they have destroyed them.

11. thanks admin for sharing such a great post its really amazing

12. I thought you are provided services are helpful to every blog writer and every new essay editor. They were also looking for this kind of new blog editing services and content writing services for us.

13. website says:

I really like this kind of information.You did a very well job.I am very excited to read this nice post please share more post like that.keep it up

14. bᴜy essays says:

Teachers should invite guests from special field to deliver lecture. They should enhance the knowledge of the students by inviting different scholars in class. They should give opportunity to the students for learning through different sources.

15. I read this book and its tell me how make your healthy advance before the pregnancy and how to work-out in pregnancy with pregnancy plan thanks for share it .

16. pleats pleas says:

your post is vaualable for me

17. Great post, Thank you for presenting a big variety of information that is very interesting to see in this article
    Electrical Energy Solution Case Study Case Study Solutions Help

18. Prayers are good to achieve your goals but along with prayers you need to do something to help yourself. I had the same problem and used prayers and in the same time I was looking for something can help me. At last, I came across a very important book online named : Survive in bed, if you are interested in watching here is my video Survive In Bed Review This is my Story With Survive In Bed Program

19. Venus Factor says:

The only way to get over it is This is the Truth About how The Venus Factor can help losing weight without starving yourself. watch Venus Factor Diet Program

20. Hadley says:

Even its a good things but most of the people have different belives regarding the prayer for pregnancy.So all of the people don't belive on that prayers.

21. Anna says:

As nice blog,but you could have made this blog more cool if you could configure the language changer pluigin but all the same you have done a good job

22. Dennis Ross says:

Great post! Thanks for sharing with us.

23. Very good advice. Thank you i just hope i won't get stuck with a ugly fupa after pregnancy

24. kannan says:

This is the nice and valuable post for pregnancy